Ella Smethurst is an up and coming low-brow artist from Melbourne. Her work often depicts an escape from reality where invisible, giant, spirit animals can travel unnoticed over polluted cities and little girls roam happily in the wilderness.
Ella works predominantly with acrylics and oils on wood panel and has pieces in private collections around Australia. She has been exhibiting since 2012. Some of Ella’s recent achievements include holding her own solo show ‘Child Heart, Wild Heart’ in November 2014 and being represented by Artboy Gallery in Prahran since April 2014. She won the People’s Choice Award at Viewpoint Gallery’s Small Works show in 2013 and has had works shown at the Dubai World Trade Centre as part of the 2013 Index Exhibition. Ella enjoys exploring new subject matter and is continually developing her style and skills as an artist.
Ella is currently represented by
- ArtBoy Gallery, Greville Street, Prahran
- ViewPoint Gallery, View Point, Bendigo
- There There, Malop Street, Geelong
Sales, commission and general inquires: firstname.lastname@example.org
- @Ellasmethrust on Instagram
– 2014 ‘Child Heart, Wild Heart’ Solo Exhibition
– 2014 ‘BSG Small Works’ Brunswick Street Gallery
– 2013 ‘View Point Gallery Small Works’ (Winner People’s Choice)
– 2013 ‘Index Exhibition’ Dubai
– 2012 ‘Great Art Show’ Berwick